Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Victims?

How have I been a victim of hyperreality? I believe that movies create a false reality for me. even though I know that you can't believe everything uyou see in a movie.. I still leave the theater thinking to myself "why can't my life be like that?" or " why can't everything just work out in the end like it did in that movie?" but the truth is that movies create a false reality. The fact that I'm imagining my life if it was perfect isn't a false reality. the movie creates a false reality that makes me think that maybe it is possible to have a perfect life.. even though I know that it's not. Hyperreality causes us to all be disappointed with our lives, no matter how great they may be.. because they're not the perfect movie life. this is the hyperreality... not the fact that I want a better life, but the fact that I think that I need a better life because of what I see in movies!

No comments: